Thursday, November 22, 2007

TURKY DAY MIS-HAPS

OK, so to day was Thanksgiving. Most of us cook (as I usually do) and most of us go to families houses for the long awaited yummy dinner...I decided to go to my families this year...was this a good thing? or was it a bad thing? I guess I already knew the answer to that question before I went down there...

In my family there are two kinds of people...the kind who care (the outcasts) and the kind who don't give a s**t (the "in" crowd). take a guess at which category I fall into when it comes to my family...well you got it! I am the one who cares...more formally know as "the outcast". It is sad really to think that even a family can have "clicks" and then to see that your family has one. Well in my case...my family has a click...my parents and my brother and sister...and then there is me. Now I am not weirdo or freak or anything like that, I just don't agree with a lot that they themselves agree upon...and every time my family gets together, there is always a blow-out, no matter the topic or situation...there is always a blow-out!

Today was no exception to that rule . it all started so fast to where I really don't know where to start...so let's start with the "simple" story from today and then go into the other one...Here is the first situation...My brother "fixed" my son's roof in his room a month ago and now it is leaking again, so (given the fact that I have been trying to get him down here to fix it the right way for the past 3 weeks) I brought that up to him and how I needed him to come and fix it the right way...Somehow that statement turned into the fact that I am not an understanding person that my brother does not have a job right now (which is it my fault that he WON'T go get a job). And I have no heart that he is upset by this right now...blah, blah, blah...so I come back with the fact that I AM understanding and do have a heart and if I wasn't or didn't, then I would not have let my brother slide on 4 months of rent he was suppose to pay me (because I knew he was hard for $$ at the time). Is that a heartless person? No, I didn't think so... then everyone started yelling at me because I wanted him to come and fix my roof the right way, and saying "why are you bringing this up now..." So I said...well, because he has been giving me the run-around and not coming to fix my roof like he was suppose to in the first place" so then I was told that if I did not like it then maybe I shouldn't even come...WOW! what a family...huh!

and finally the other situation, probably the most ridiculous of both of them... My brother-in-law started YELLING and CURSING at me for the simple fact that one of my kids said that there is not a Santa Clause...I mean come on "adults" let's get real...kids are kids and they are going to say what they are going to say...Don't come to me yelling like a 5 yr. old because of what one of my children said...I don't know like I said ridiculous...but hey?! what are you going to do...I just let them have their little fits and go about my business...

JL signing off

No comments: