Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Difficult pregnancy/ great Therapy

Hello all,

I wanted to write you and let you all know about the assistance that my baby is getting. As some of you may know...I put a post in here with a brief description of what I went through when I was pregnant with my baby and the road that I have been on ever since (with all my surgeries).

When I was pregnant, I started having a lot of problems and thus I ended up in the hospital for two weeks. When I first was admitted into the hospital, they did not know what was causing me such pain...two days later the doctor concluded that I needed to have my gallbladder taken out. This was when I was 6 1/2 months pregnant. The doctor said that this would "fix' my problems and the pain that I was having...Well, It did not. 4 days after that surgery, I ended up having to have another surgery where they had to make a vertical incision and move around my baby to fix the problems that I was having.

After these surgeries, I went into premature labor and thus, that is why I had to stay in the hospital for so long. The emotional stress and pain along with the physical pain of the two surgeries and premature labor was very difficult for me...I was on a lot of medication at the time and after the second surgery, It was discovered that I had a major infection... I was put on complete bed rest after I was released from the hospital...

My baby was very strong, and she made it almost full term. She was born a month early and healthy...which I would not have asked for anything more. However, ever since she was born she has had a lot of developmental delays. She is very far behind what she should be doing at her age, and has always been ever since she was born.

I recently found out about a program that helps with developmental delayed children...They come out to your home and work with your child on development, speach therapy and fine motor skills...I LOVE this program! Today my baby had her first visit, and it went well. I was informed on a lot of the stuff that they will be doing to help her to get "on track" with her age level. I know that sometimes parents are afraid to acknowledge that their child may have problems with development and don't want or are afraid to admit that help is needed...I was like this too. I told myself that she was ok and just developing slowly and would catch up...but when i had her evaluation, I found out that she is VERY far behind...

I am happy now that I found this program to help her to grow as a baby and get "on track" with her age group. The therapy that she will be getting is so great that I know in no time that she will be just fine.

Just wanted to let you all know about the therapy and the kinds of programs that the government has out there for children...along with other programs.

thanks for listening...Jana

No comments: