Saturday, November 17, 2007

A MAN'S BEST FRIEND

MAN’S BEST FRIEND



To see him lying there so sweet and innocent

His big brown eyes looking up at me

There’s a sparkle, a gleam

Almost like a dream

So kismet

Man’s best friend

Woman’s worst enemy

Who knew, this, he could be

So sweet,

So kind

Yet so discrete,

He sneaks behind

Under a tree he lay so gently

Who knew he could be so slimy

Quiet and laid back, he seemed so sweet

Who knew, my heart, he hungered to eat

Who knew he was plotting against my heart

As to save it for the platter he rolls upon a cart

So juicy, so pure

So full of love, yet unsure

He leaped from his spot

To love me?...Oh! NOT

He tossed me here and there

He threw me everywhere

His love and kindness, he was suppose to share

Yet I did not have the long beautiful brown hair

He tucked me under his bed

Put me out of his head

Then went on his way

To claim yet another, on this very day.



By: Jana Adams

October 2006

No comments: