Monday, November 19, 2007

OBSESSION

hello all,

Jana here again. i wanted to write today and was not sure of what i was going to write about until now. you know i have always remained faithful to my husband, even through our hard times. We went through a time where we were dealing with a lot of difficult things in our lives and instead of him talking to me about things, he took things in his own hands and started talking to another woman. I didn't find this out until after we were married and of course he ended things when i told him either he has her as a "friend" or he has me. Through time I could not let this go, because I NEVER expected this kind of behavior out of him. We had known each other for 7 years and were best friends. We got each other through a lot in life and we were so much alike...we still are today (aside from the cheating part). this is why i never expected this out of him.

I could not let things go. I became obsessed with what exactly went on between them. I started asking questions and got pieces...first it was "innocent" information like that he just talked to her and then when i pushed the issue more, I found out more little details. Through the past two years I have become more and more obsessed with this situation and it is so hard for me to let go because each time i bring it up (like every couple months or so) I find out more information...he always says that there is no more information each time, but then I put everything together and then I end up bringing it up again and then I find out something else...

i feel like i am losing my mind here. For each time i find out something new, it hurts me but yet then again i become more obsessed with the situation and want to know more. I am still to this day obsessed with this, and want to know everything and he says still that there is no more information. Am I crazy for being so obsessed, and how does one NOT become, or overcome obsession?

any answers would be appreciated because I feel like I am losing my mind here with this obsession...I mean I want to go so far as to find this other woman and get her side of the story, but can't find her. Anyway, enough venting today. talk later.

JL

No comments: