Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Life and Government assistance

Hi, well I am here to say to all of you that many times we may feel that there isn’t any help from the government out there for the families that work and take care of their family. Truth be told…when I was a single mother, there were organizations that helped me in times of need. When I got married…the story changed. Even though my husband works, we still struggle a bit (due to my NOT being able to work). Because he works we are not able to get the help we need. The organizations and the government’s set standards of income guidelines put us over the limit…even though with our bills we have, and they only consider housing and your gas/electric. Well truth be told, we need help from time to time. We manage, but there are some services out there that we could benefit from, but “we make too much money”. Anyway, the bottom line is that in most cases, even though the working family work and take care of themselves, they have a hard time getting the help that they could use (while the families who don’t work, get to take advantage of the services out there).

Although the above is true, I recently found out that there are still a couple services that the working family qualify for. My family is one of the families who work and take care of ourselves. We do not qualify for many of the services that the government provides…However, the services that I found out about are the following…We found out that even though we are working, we qualify for the “angle tree” which will help us out with Christmas. And even though we can not get help with our rent and gas and electric (should we run into problems)…we do qualify for what they call in our area as EAP, which gives a small credit to our gas and electric.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is…Even though you (a working family) may not qualify for many of the government assistant programs out there that you feel you need…there are possibly some, a few, or a couple assistance programs out there that you could use. I thank God that I found out about these programs that we do qualify for.

JLA

No comments: