Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I SEE A GIRL

HERE IS ONE OF THE POEMS FROM MY BOOK "UNKNOWN LOVE"

I SEE A GIRL

I see a girl who is afraid of what she has become
A girl who feels, in this life, she has not won
I see a girl starving for attention
A girl reflecting desperation
Reaching to find love
Covering her body with a glove
I see a girl hiding behind a newfound mask
A girl feeling overwhelmed in every task
I see a girl who questions, will me, he save
A girl who is overcome by the crashing wave
I see a girl who needs to be rescued
From the life she has turned to, instead of the one she has valued
A girl who, to others, she has portrayed
The person she thought she left behind
I see a girl who, within herself, she has betrayed
The power, love and wealth that was given her, along with all man kind
I see a girl who is longing to be loved
A girl who is longing to be filled
I see a girl who reaches out
A girl who has some doubt
With the walk she finds herself on in this life
I see a girl who feels pain…who feels strife
I see a girl who searches to find what she must seek
A girl who finds herself getting weak
I see a girl who has strayed
A girl who, by the enemy, has been played
I see a girl who once was me
A girl who I no longer wish to be
I see a girl who I was in the past
A girl who will no longer last
I see a girl and that girl is me
Yet I long for the girl I strive to be
I see a girl that was sent from above
I see a girl that God does love.

By: Jana Loser (Adams)…May 17, 2004

No comments: